Please check our catalog first. We do not interlibrary loan items that we already own. We will be happy to put these items on hold for you.
Due to increased costs, please request no more than 5 items per day.
If we don't have what you're looking for, you can check the JerseyCat Catalog and Interlibrary Loan System, a catalog of the holdings of New Jersey libraries.
To get an item from another library you can:
1. enter your own interlibrary loan request online (instructions below)
2. call the Reference staff at 856-234-7319, ext. 333 or
3. send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. — please provide your library card number and phone.
If the item is available to lend, we'll have it sent to Mount Laurel and notify you when it's available for pickup. When you recieve notification, the item will be waiting for you on our Express Holds Shelf.
1. Click on the large interlibrary loan button.
2. Enter a title, author, subject of keywords in the Quick Search box.
3. Click the GO button.
JerseyCat searches 200+ libraries in the NJ State Union catalog. You can also choose up to 14 additional library catalogs listed at the bottom of the screen.
4. At the List of Results, click on the title you want.
Hint: The more locations listed, the easier it is to get the item.
5. Click on the Request this Item box on the right.
6. A new window will open with the ILL Request Form; Fill in these fields:
Patron Name: Your last name, first name.
Create a Password: Choose (and remember) a password to check your do-it-yourself ILL requests.
Library Card Number: Your Mount Laurel Library number (from the back of your card).
Phone/Fax/Email: Your phone number with area code. Click the Submit button (you may have to scroll over to the right a little).
7. Click Submit Button
The Library will contact you by phone or email when your items arrive for pick-up.
Follow step 1 above.
Click on the GO button without entering anything in the search box.
On the Patron Menu tab, choose ILL Request tracking.
Enter your name and password exactly as you entered it in your request.
Only self-submitted ILLs will appear; those done by library staff won't show.
To check on ILLs done by library staff, please call the info desk at 856-234-7319 ext. 333. Interlibrary loans take approximately 1-2 weeks.